Boehner won the vote, but lost the trust of many conservatives | Philip Klein | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Boehner won the vote, but lost the trust of many conservatives | Philip Klein | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner.

John Boehner Speaker of the House has a very tough job. Being Speaker is tough enough but not only does he have to lead the House, which is a big job. But he’s also the Leader of his Caucus in the House, that is essentially made of 2-3 factions or even parties right now. As well as being the highest ranking republican in the Federal Government right now. The House GOP is made up at least two factions right now. The more establishment minded republicans. Who are yes very conservative but who tend to be very practical as well. Who won’t say no to something because its not everything that they want. They take Ronald Reagan approach to politics. Get 80% now and come back for the other 20% later. This is the faction that Speaker Boehner is from. But then there’s the Tea Party faction that won’t save their house, unless they can save it exactly the want they want to. Meaning they won’t vote for something, unless its exactly they way they want it. The Budget Agreement with the Senate and White House last Friday is a pretty good example of this.

As a Liberal Democrat, its not often I agree with John Boehner. Our politics are just very different but I do have respect for his job. Because of everything he has to do and wave. Before he can put legislation together. All the negotiating he has to do, with not just his caucus. But all the different factions in his caucus. And if he can’t reach agreement with them, he has to seek out Moderate Democrats. To write legislation and then he has to figure out how he’s going to negotiate with not only the Democratic Senate. And then try to reach an agreement with the Senate but also the White House as well. As well with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, to see what strategy the Senate GOP has. To try to get the Senate to consider their legislation.

Speaker Boehner lost 59 House Republicans with the Budget Agreement on Thursday. Over half of the House Democratic Caucus voted against it as well. This is just and indicator of how diverse both caucus’s in the House are right now. And at times it seems like the House is not just Multi Party but both parties in the House are Multi Party as well.

Advertisements

About Rik Schneider

Blogger/writer on a lot of different subjects.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s